[Magdalen] What's My Line? On Facebook and YouTube

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Thu Apr 23 00:54:45 UTC 2015

From: Charles Wohlers

>And, especially if the customer was from New Jersey - no sales tax!!!

No sales tax at all early in their run, but NYC imposed one at some point. The
State Sales tax came somewhat later.

There were stories that Kilgallen was about to reveal something regarding Ruby,
but it would seem doubtful. Even other Kennedy Conspiracy Fans didn’t find
anything.

I started listening to "Breakfast with Dorothy and Dick" while in Columbia
Presbyterian Hospital for my  first eye surgeries in 1858. I continued to listen
until I had to go back to school again after I had regained my eyesight a year
later. I learned a lot about New York City listening to them.

WOR had another husband/wife chatter show -- Ed and Pegeen Fitzgerald, which
lasted another 15 years. It was also the subject of an exquisite send-up by
Tallulah Bankhead and Fred Allen. They captured the basics of both D&D and Ed
and Pegeen in a hilarious way.

Cheers,
Jim