[Magdalen] What's My Line? On Facebook and YouTube

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Apr 23 15:44:07 UTC 2015

Actually, I suspect, 75% of the morning radio listening in the 1950's
was for the "Arthur Godfrey and Friends Show".  Who can forget Carmel
Quinn,
Haleloke, Frank Parker, Julius LaRosa, Pat Boone, the McQuire Sisters,  etc?

But, then, this is maybe a decade earlier than the period being  discussed.

When I listened to the radio - and it certainly wasn't ALL day - it was  to
a little AM station out of Minneapolis/Saint Paul:  WBPC, owned by  the
Stewarts who were also the commentators on air.  The station had a
relatively
week signal, and was one of those stations that operated longer hours in
the summer than the winter.  Their broadcast tower was at the  northern
fringe of the Twin Cities, and thus I could receive it well in NW  Wisconsin
about 80 miles away.

WPBC = "The People's Broadcasting Company".  "It's 980 on your  dial.
It's the station with a smile in Minneapolis and Saint Paul."  -
advertising
jingle.

David Strang.