[Magdalen] Prayer Request

sally.davies at gmail.com sally.davies at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 05:48:14 UTC 2015

Paise God for laparoscopic cholecystectomy! I had mine done in 2007 and
although I did stay in hospital overnight and had about 24 hours of taking
pain relief (though not needed thereafter) it was so easy. When I think of
the huge ops my grandparents had for the same thing I am so grateful!

And the other bonus,, I realised that I was far better off without my gall
bladder. It had been spotted during my first pregnancy eight years before
that as having "gravel" in it according to our antenatal scan doctor and by
2007 the gravel had turned into a couple of stones. I had a lot of
epigastric discomfort and took it for normal. After the op, I could eat
what I liked and still can - though I also realised I would have to do
something about the extra weight I was carrying. It took a while to find a
way of doing that but with being (a little) more active and reducing
calories with the 5:2 plan the weight has stayed off.

All round, a blessed and successful intervention that not only solved a
problem but helped improve my overall health in unexpected ways.

Sally D