[Magdalen] Jackie O'Sullivan prayer request

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Tue Apr 28 17:40:36 UTC 2015

How many of you remember Jackie?  It's been quite a long time since she
was on any of the Lists, but she's on Facebook, and I noticed just now
on her page that we don't have all that many mutual friends, at least
three of whom also aren't on any of the Lists now.  She's having
neurosurgery at this time, starting first thing this morning (in
California).  I quote from what she said six weeks or so ago, which I've
had on another Lists' Prayer Summary.  There are quite a few people
here, so I'll ask for a bit of a vigil.

"On April 28, I will be going in to USC Keck Acoustic Neuroma Center for
the resection of a medium-sized, highly symptomatic vestibular
schwannoma that is growing at, in the words of the man who is arguably
the best in the field, a "bizarre" rate. I am functionally deaf in my
right ear, my balance nerves are shot, and I am beginning to have
trigeminal nerve symptoms. The morbidity/mortality for this procedure is
statistically insignificant if performed by an excellent team, so my
outcome will be excellent as well. But mucking about inside my thick
Irish skull is NOT something I ever desired, so good thoughts will be
warmly received."

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net