[Magdalen] Jackie O'Sullivan prayer request

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 13:23:59 UTC 2015

Quite amazing Sally how the confluences of life and "connection" occur. Thanks for lending an explanation to Jackie's situation/surgery.
Lynn

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 29, 2015, at 7:39 AM, sally.davies at gmail.com wrote:

I never knew Jackie but will say a prayer for her from sunny South Africa.

Most odd to be reading this now. I'm taking a course in Neuropsychology and
today's tutorial, which I have spent a laborious morning going through,
featured a study of the various glial cells including Schwann cells,
mentioning that a tumour of those cells is called a Schwannoma. Until this
morning I'd never heard of such a thing.

I did know that Schwann cells are found outside of the brain itself
providing myelin covering to nerves, including the cranial nerves that are
affected in Jackie's situation. They roll themselves around the nerve
fibres making them look white... Her tumour must be around her
Auditory-Vestibular nerve but large enough to start bothering the
neighbouring Trigeminal nerve.

I'm glad to hear that surgery is normally successful and pray for skilled
hands and quick healing!

Sally D