[Magdalen] "leaving church" was -->Re: Prayer request

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Wed Apr 29 14:00:07 UTC 2015

From: Jay Weigel

>Small town Long Island is a far cry from small town Wisconsin or Tennessee,
>where Episcopalians are much more scarce. Even here in northwest Virginia,
>I could go to an Episcopal church of my choice...if I wanted to get up
>early enough. However, years of night shift have conditioned me otherwise.

I would agree that small town Long Island has not been true in fifty years.

However, having lived in Osceola Mills, Pennsylvania pop 800 (with no Episcopal
Church at all), and Philipsburg Pennsylvania (population 2,500 when I lived
there) maybe those towns are too huge for you, Jay? They seemed like small towns
in 1970s.

I've described some of my church "adventures" here before, like doing acolyte
training for the PNC Diocese, and the infamous dry ice in the thurible affair in
Clearfield, and saying the burial office at family plots in patches 50 miles
from the nearest TEC parish (my first LEM License was in the [then] Diocese of
Erie..

Cheers,
Jim