[Magdalen] How do you buy a stove?

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Sat Aug 1 18:46:56 UTC 2015

Our house in Vermont came with the kind of stove that Lynn describes I
completely agree with what she says. It probably looked really nice when
new, but, it's impossible to clean thoroughly, takes a long time to heat up
(& cool down), and non-flat pots don't work so well. Oh, yes, the big pot
one uses for canning jam takes f-o-e-v-e-r to heat up to boiling. Down here
in Mass. we have an old gas stove, and it's infinitely superior, even tho it
doesn't look quite so nice.

We once visited Judith Jones, Julia Child's editor and a big cook in her own
right, who has a summer place near us in VT. She has an old gas stove
running off a big propane tank buried in the ground outside. She knows what
she's doing.

Chad Wohlers
East Bridgewater, MA USA
chadwohl at satucket.com