[Magdalen] How do you buy a stove?

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 22:34:39 UTC 2015

when I had to buy a new fridge the year after I moved ('09), I shopped and
chose a 'French door', small version, and got a real deal at Best Buy as it
was a close out previous year's model... They delivered it and had to take a
the top doors off to move it into my fairly restricted small kitchen. The
drawer freezer was easily removed for the placement. After moving it into
place they attached stuff, removed tags and left. While reloading the fridge
I noticed they had forgotten to put on the long sleek side to side handle
that pulls out the freezer which is a drawer. Of course I did not have the
delivery guys number, so I called Best Buy. Can't say what actually happened
but no handle ever was found (they probably threw it out in the box). The
solution BB cane up with was to order another fridge (what???) possibly
because it was a discontinued model. Two weeks later I had to go through the
whole unloading/loading thing again, and when the customer rep called to see
how everything went I mentioned the hassle for such a small part. They
knocked another $100. off the fridge (which I had bought on their no
interest 2 year credit) ! It was my lucky day.

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck
by Richard Rohr