[Magdalen] farro salad

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 17:34:13 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 12:21 PM, Grace Cangialosi <gracecan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Costco just opened last week, and several friends already have their cards!
> My daughter is very particular about the beans she buys, and they are only available at WF.
> As for me, Folger's Black Silk is just fine.

We have a new Whole Foods, and after the first week, when we visited
the place every evening, I just like going there occasionally because
it's pleasant. Personally, I stick to the 365 brand (cheaper) as much
as possible. Apparently, they're going to open a related chain of
stores focused on the 365 stuff.

Not impressed with the food they serve in the store so far. A beef and
cheddar sandwich was served half cold <shudder>, and a lovely-looking
stir-fry seemed bland. I guess it might have been that way in order
for customers to doctor it up with soy sauce or sriracha or whatever
they want. By-the-pound hot food is pretty good but too expensive.

I need to stay away from their international cookies (biscuits)
display and their cheddar bagels. And red velvet cake slices ready to
eat with a cup of coffee in their cafe.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA