[Magdalen] Political stance

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 22:26:09 UTC 2015

No, all DAR members are not Mayflower descendants. Colonial Dames are
something else (much snobbier, or so my mom said....she qualified for both,
but wouldn't have anything to do with either!). There are also other
groups, including one that intrigues me which I qualify for, Sons and
Daughters of Colonial Clergy--I have a LOT of them in my background on my
Mills/vanderMeulen side. DAR members have to produce proof that their
ancestors fought on the rebel side in the Revolutionary War, although I
understand that they will also accept proof that ancestors supported the
American side financially. I have that on both sides of my family, but like
my mom, I don't really want much to do with the DAR. My cousin Nancy joined
because she wanted to use their research and library facilities (she's a
major genealogy freak) and said I could use her claim if I wanted to. I
never have.