[Magdalen] Bernie

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Mon Aug 3 23:45:20 UTC 2015

On 04/08/2015 00:13, Grace Cangialosi wrote:
> I'm not sure I ever voted in a presidential primary...do all states hold them? I've voted in primaries for statewide offices. In VA you can vote in either party's primary, but those aren't for national elections.

Virginia does have a primary for the presidential election, I believe on
Super Tuesday (when a lot of states vote) on March 1. There needs to be
some system for states to select their delegates to the Nominating
Convention.  Some (such as Iowa, the first state to decide) will do it
by caucus of party members but the majority do it by election.

As the election cycle goes on some candidates will drop out, quite
possibly leaving only one for a particular party so there is no need for
a vote then, but this will not apply to VA.

Roger