[Magdalen] Bernie

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 02:09:59 UTC 2015

Just read Wikipedia's article on the electoral college and found it quite
interesting, especially as it named a "faithless elector" who abstained as
a protest. I hadn't realized electors are considered agents of the state,
so electors from different states are under different rules. Many states
have some way of punishing faithless electors. And Michigan voids that
elector's two votes as well (the vote for president and the vote for vice
president). I also had forgotten that the electors don't travel to
Washington but to their state capital to vote, and the whole "rite of
election," if you will, is described.