[Magdalen] Bernie

Gail Edwards gailedwards5.anglican at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 00:58:23 UTC 2015

Well, yes, but we vote for for the candidate of our choice in our riding, not a check mark on a ballot for our preferred party. The leader of the party with the most elected candidates is invited by the GG to form the government (except on one notable occasion). It's why a sitting MP can be booted from caucus and still represent the riding as an independent.
And I agree that Canadians are encouraged by current political rhetoric to think that we vote for the PM - references to "X's government" where x is the head of government certainly don't help...
Gail, about not to be in Vancouver for 10 days