[Magdalen] Wild Onions.

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Wed Aug 5 02:19:58 UTC 2015

In Abenaki it's "Winooski", hence the river & town of that name. And so, the
sporting goods store in Montpelier is Onion River Sports.

Apparently Abenaki (an Algonquian language) and Miami aren't closely
related.

They're typically called wild leeks up here, and are fairly commonly eaten.
One might expect them to grow in some of wetter areas of our property, but
I've never seen them. I seem to recall being told that there's some
look-alike plant that needs to be avoided, but I forget what it is. Might be
skunk cabbage, which comes up about the same time.

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com