[Magdalen] Political stance

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Wed Aug 5 21:25:42 UTC 2015

On 05/08/2015 20:58, James Oppenheimer-Crawford wrote:
> Debates coming, like it or not:
>
> CLEVELAND (The Borowitz Report

     <snip>
> Those surveyed strongly agreed that the U.S. government should block the
> foreign transmission of the debate, or that Fox News should air an
> explanation of the contest beforehand, but they were at a loss as to what that explanation could possibly be.
>
> And, in a result that seemed to sum up Americans’ anxiety, a broad majority agreed with the statement “God, this is so embarrassing.”

I think I understand what it's about.  Given whatr I expect it to be
like I strongly suspect that if I did have a vote in choosing the
candidate I would be strongly inclined not to watch the debate - which
probably wouldn't justify that term in any case.

The closest we have come to that this side of the pond is for the
Leadership of the Labour Party, in which I do have a vote so perhaps I
ought to view at least one hustings before finally deciding on my order
of preference.  At least whoever is chose will not to front a General
Election until 2020 which allows time to refocus attacks on the
Conservative Party rather than their own colleagues.

Roger