[Magdalen] News

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 14:41:35 UTC 2015

Male pattern-baldness does come from the mother IIRC.
Lynn

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 6, 2015, at 7:58 AM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen <magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:

In a message dated 8/5/2015 11:05:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

I didn't  care what my hair looked like afterwards, at least it
was  CLEAN!​>>>>>>

I made a trip yesterday to a local unisex hair place to have my once
every three months perm.  I have had the same hairdo for forty  years,
and it is, by coincidence the same hairdo as my mother's was.  I  thus
sort of look like my mother with a full beard.

In any case, though I ordinarily shampoo several times a week, the
beautician really roughs up my scalp in the process of shampooing,
and I love it.  There's something about someone else working on  the
scalp that is pleasurable.

In any case, I am the only one of the four male sibs in my family to
have hair.  Every male on either side of the family is bald.  It  makes
me wonder how I ended up with hair, admittedly thin at the top, but
otherwise fairly substantial.  I've sometimes wondered a bit about  my
parentage!  A DNA test a couple of years ago  put that thought to  rest.
I am a Strang who just happens to have scalp hair.

David Strang.