[Magdalen] Interesting Names Redux.

Georgia DuBose gdubose at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 19:48:30 UTC 2015

Sorry, folks, and especially David, for snark. (I still don't think
the name is amusing.)

I have been listening to all the lily-white folk out here on the
Pacific NW coast making snide comments about names like Kiara and
Keisha (not ALL--but enough comments to make them memorable) and those
being the possessors of names like Gladys and Maude--seriously.

My perceptions of what is an appropriate name and what is amusing is
formed by my cultural norms--unless I can intentionally turn those
off, and realize that every name had to have someone who had it first,
who may have been laughed at by the nearest Osric for being Oswald.

Georgia+