[Magdalen] First day of school.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 14:13:54 UTC 2015

An unheard of thing when I was in high school back in the dark ages. The
most daring thing that went on was a joint class in (gasp!) Russian with
students of another high school, taught by a very junior professor from the
university. The other high school, which was closed in 1967, was a "lab
school" for the UW-Madison Dept. of Education. I guess they decided after
that that it was more expedient to send their student teachers elsewhere to
practice teach.