[Magdalen] the sound of words

Molly Wolf lupa at kos.net
Sat Aug 8 03:12:43 UTC 2015

I love the four-syllable Mi'kmaq place names that always remind me of rolling downhill and landing with a bump:  Tatamagouche, Shinimicas, Antigonish, and the like.  But my personal faves are the two national parks in (respectively) Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, Kejimkujik and Kouchibouguac, correctly, if implausibly, pronounced KEDgie-m'-KOO-gee and KOO-gee-ma-QUACK.

Molly
formerly a summer denizen of the Tidnish shore.

The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -- Mark Twain