[Magdalen] My move

Jon Egger revegger at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 22:07:44 UTC 2015

Marion,
When we move to our apartment in December last year we went from 3000sqf to
950sqf.  It was so good for me to get out of the place that had so many
memories of Plaintiff.  (Geez...ten years since my divorce!)

Now I apologize for turning this thread into MEMEME, but I need to get
things off of my back. The move was easier for me because I don't hold
attachments to things like Dawn does. Stuff is stuff, and even what I have
is given away to close friends and such. (I gave my FDR collection to a
priest in the diocese who loves FDR as I do. She was delighted and it made
my day! I gave my daughter my Nemadji pottery collection, my Kilban cat
collection, and my Coptic hand cross.  She loved them too.) The things I
took amounted to 7 boxes.  Many things, like my collection of Dylan music,
books, and various ephemera, and so on I left for the people doing our
estate sale.  I literally felt free after so many years.

Dawn, though, is a true hoarder.  Even with leaving back lots of her books
and other things, half of our living room is stacked with boxes...and her
bedroom is stacked with boxes 6 and a half feet high.  She says she'll get
to it, but she hasn't.  I may call her new church (Grace, in Liberty, Mo)
and see if they could get a group of people together and move the damn
boxes!  It's difficult for me not having room.  I can't even get outside on
our patio to chill.  Lord knows I have enough tubing to get out there.
(She was a Navy brat and an Air Force wife and she never turns lights off
if they're not needed...I thinks this comes from never having a
gas/electric bill in the service.)

Here endeth the rant.