[Magdalen] Another shoulder update

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 02:34:25 UTC 2015

I saw the ortho surgeon on Monday and told him the injection only lasted for about 2 weeks, so the next step is arthroscopic surgery. I'm having it this coming Thursday. It's outpatient, so I'll be home that night, probably nicely high on painkillers for my birthday on Friday and ready to preach for the Jonathan Myrick Daniels transferred commemoration on Sunday. I'll only be preaching, not celebrating, but I had asked to preach that Sunday. The bishops of all three Virginia dioceses have authorized the transfer, since this year marks the 50th anniversary of Daniels' martyrdom, and he was a graduate of VMI. Just to be on the safe side, I'm going to have my sermon written out by Wednesday; that way I can just read it, if I have to, or the rector can! I usually don't write them out anymore, but I think it would be prudent to do it this time.
The doc says I should be able to drive when the stitches come out in about ten days. I'll be in a sling for awhile.
That was longer than I intended--again. Thanks, if you're still with me.
I've been trying to practice doing everything with my left hand, and the "Suicide Spinner" (Necker Knob"?) goes back on my car tomorrow!
I'm not very good at doing anything with my left hand...I trust I'll get better.
Prayers for a very speedy surgery and recovery will be greatly appreciated.