[Magdalen] Nilk protest

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sun Aug 9 18:31:36 UTC 2015

There have been a few instances iver the past few weeks of farmersd
clearing supermarket shelves of milk in protest at the low proce they
get for their milk which enables the supermarkets to sell the
pasteurised product at 1 GBP for 4 (imperial pints).  Other sizes of
container are more expensive but after the double conversion that works
out at a shade over 32 cents a US pint.

Today some farmers stepped up their protest and took their cows with
them http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-33840815

I appreciate being able to buy my milk, a little less than once a week,
at that price but believe the farmers do have a valid point. The
supermarkets may need a new sign "No cows allowed" to go with the one
saying "No dogs" :-)

Roger