[Magdalen] Dick's Farewell.

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sun Aug 9 20:18:58 UTC 2015

> Yesterday was another anniversary of President Richard Nixon's  resignation
> on August 8, 1974.

Okay,

Anyone who wouldn’t rather have Dick Nixon as President today as opposed to any
of the 17 GOP hopefuls?

Think about it: Nixon of Cruz? Nixon or Trump? Nixon or Walker? Nixon or
Huckabee?  Let's not wallow in the mires of our youth, folks.

What would seem a bad idea at the time would be a big improvement over what
we've got IMNSHO.  I can easily see him doing everything we like Obama for
(remember he had a universal health care plan that was DOA, for example).  He
certainly would have cut a similar Iran deal. And, of course, we can see him
dissembling like Obama and domestic and foreign spying as well --:e only collect
data to prevent terrorism." Lie those well-known Jihadists like the President of
France or Angela Merkel.

Sometimes I Think Obama is channeling Nixon. We've all just become numb.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie