[Magdalen] I think I've been promoted

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 13:22:13 UTC 2015

Folks who handle things at the various SPCAs around the world are special
people.

I was visiting the local SPCA from which we have several cats, and was
petting some residents when I heard someone enter in front.  The ensuing
conversation made clear that someone had brought in a cat, from a car
encounter, who could not be saved. The agreement was reached that they
would have the vet take care of the cat immediately.

The other party left.  There was silence. Then I heard several
heartbreaking sobs.  I silently thanked the Lord that we have such caring
people to take care of the needs of the voiceless.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford