[Magdalen] Asian?

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 20:44:33 UTC 2015

I am *quite* sure that the next two generations of my family are anything
but white bread! As I think I have mentioned before, my late ex's mother
was born out of wedlock, and for a long time we knew nothing about her
father other than his name. However, last summer we found her birth
certificate, so my daughter went on a concerted search for him and we think
we have found him. If this is indeed the fellow, he is quite likely either
half or all Ashkenazi Jewish, so that adds something to the pot. I gave her
an Ancestry DNA kit but she hasn't done it yet. Then, of course, her two
boys add a little more, one having a father who is African-American with a
little Caucasian and Native American thrown in, and the other having a
Puerto Rican dad. So no more white bread in that department! The funny
thing is that, of my three kids, she is the only one who doesn't *look*
"white bread" to start with, being somewhat olive-skinned with green eyes
and dark hair. Her husband's family tease her all the time about passing
for Puerto Rican. When she was little we used to get asked if she was
adopted, being as how her dad, her brothers, and I are all blonde and
fair-skinned with blue or gray eyes. Standard response was, "No, we got her
the old-fashioned way."

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 4:22 PM, Roger Stokes <roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com