[Magdalen] Nilk protest

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 11 06:23:16 UTC 2015

On 11/08/2015 04:37, Sibyl Smirl wrote:
> Surely service dogs are allowed?  But even with pets, dogs are usually
> housebroken when people would want to bring them inside anywhere,
> while I've never met a housebroken cow, and don't believe it's possible.

Indeed, such notices do have an implicit "except service dogs". Until a
few years ago it was just guide dogs for the blind, wearing their
harness and yellow bands.  Now we are seeing a few dogs which help in
other ways and wear purple.  To be absolutely clear and avvurate such a
sign would be too complicated for practical use as dogs in training also
need to be admitted.

The alternative approach, which I have seen, is "Guide Dogs only" which
brought my reaction "Does that mean no people"/

Roger