[Magdalen] PRS 11th Sunday after Pentecost / 2015

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 02:03:06 UTC 2015

11th Sunday after Pentecost / 2015
Grant to us, Lord, we pray, the spirit to think and do always those things
that are right, that we, who cannot exist without you, may by you be enabled
to live according to your will; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and
reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.

O God, whose blessed Son became poor that we through his poverty might be
rich: Deliver us from an inordinate love of this world, that we, inspired by
the devotion of your servant Clare, may serve you with singleness of heart,
and attain to the riches of the age to come; through Jesus Christ our Lord,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever  and
ever.(8/11)

+We give thanks for blessings...
we give thanks for the birth of Wilson Ronkainen, grandson of our sister
Lynn (8/8)
we rejoice with our sister Marion for a successful move into her new home in
Port Hope(6/8)
we give thanks for the safe return of Christopher  Wohlers and his friend
Claire from Turkey (Chad 7/29)
 we give thanks for the amazing recovery for Marilyn Brow  after a scuba
accident in Australia (Suzie+  / 8/3)
we rejoice with our sister Molly as she settles into her new home and
returns to a former church that feels like home.
we give thanks with our sister Anne+ who reports of being  given the gift of
abstinence once more
we give incredibly  grateful thanks for this list and it's international
reach in times of  both trouble and joy (in reflection upon the incident in
Australia and in memory of many other such 'blessings of connection' that
have gone before)
we rejoice as The Church of England consecrated the Venerable Rachel
Treweek, as the new Bishop of Gloucester (7/23).
we give thanks for our brother Don and his wife Janice for positive outcomes
from their recent health concerns (7/22)
we celebrate a good day for our brud Jon+ as he posts about returning to a
better state of being (7/11)
we celebrate with Cady that a job search has led to not only a job but to a
second better job! (7/7)
we celebrate the election of +Michael Curry+ as the next Presiding bishop of
TEC @ General Convention in July 2015
we give thanks for the tenure of +Katharine as she prepares to step down as
the Presiding bishop in November 2015
we give thanks for the birth of Katelyn Skye LaVignefor,  grandchild of our
sister Marilyn   6/25)
we rejoice as our sister Meg Wagner is ordained a priest (6/21)

+For the Church, we pray...
for  ++Justin and all the Primates of our Anglican Communion that all set
their hope in Christ and work together to remain one;
for TEC's Presiding Bishop, Katharine,  for our Presiding Bishop-Elect,
Michael and for all bishops of TEC, that they may serve Christ, their flock
and the church (provide names for the PRSummary, if desired)
for  The for The Right Reverend Libby Lane, Bishop of Stockport, UK and
first woman to become a Bishop in the CofE
for 'The Episcopal Church in South Carolina' as they move forward into their
ministry and challenges with joy
for the  Diocese of Maryland, Thomas Palermo, Heather Cook and their
families, and especially for +Chilton Knudsen, newly named Assisting Bishop
of the Diocese
for General Seminary, NYC and its students, faculty and trustees
for Ascension Church Chicago as they experience the shifts and changes of
reorganization (Scott Knitter)
for "Marion's Church" as they began life with their new full time Priest
with a 2 year 'call', in June
for All Saints", Morristown, Tennessee (Jay Weigel)
for the congregation of St. George Greek Orthodox Church, Knoxville, TN,
whose sanctuary was destroyed by fire on Easter Sunday morning and who are
now dealing with the theft of nearly a half million dollars by their former
treasurer. May they be strengthened, comforted and healed;
+For all churches in the search process for new rectors: St. Peter's,
Eggertsville, NY; All Saints', Morristown, TN, St. Raphael's, Crossville, TN
+For all clergy seeking new calls:
+For all those preparing for ordained ministry:
+ For all Religious in their life of prayer:
+ For students in our midst:

+For the World. We pray ...
for the people of California as they face raging wildfires once again (8/2)
for the town of Harpers Ferry, which had a disastrous fire in the historic
district early Thursday morning (7/25)
for those affected by drought and wildfires in California and throughout the
western United States
for ISIS that their hearts may be turned from anger and vengeance.
we pray for all elected officials in that they may work together for the
good of all of the people of their countries and in the world in all of
their decision-making
for an end to the death penalty in the United States and in all countries
where capital punishment is still permitted.
for peace in the world and safety for our armed forces
for those killed and injured in all foreign lands
for those who have lost their lives by violence, whether by their own action
or the action of others.

+For our List Sisters and Brothers. We pray...
for our sister Jay, diagnosed with Shingles (11/8)
for our sister Jo as she navigates the sometimes narrow passage life can
become for a church employee (10/8)
for our brother Bob+ as he mourns the death of his cat Warren (8/8)
for our brother Dan as he faces further surgery for his skin cancer and is
also battling severe headaches (8/3)
for our sister Grace+ who is facing another shoulder surgery in the near
future(8/3)
for our brother Richard battling stress and depression (7/31)
for our sister Marilyn who was in wreck that totaled her car and resulted in
a broken bone in one  hand and a sprained ankle. Both  on the same side.
(7/30)
for our brother Mike Logsdon as he deals with ongoing challenges in his life
(7/30)
for our Sister Grace+ as she strives for a relationship with her son (7/29)
for our brother Christopher, diagnosed with prostate cancer(7/28)
for our sister Louise as she recovers from a broken hip (7/8)
for our brother  Jim H as he takes a few days off to travel (7/8)
for our brother Michael+ as he deals with the expense and difficulty of the
theft of lead roofing from one of the churches in his care (6/26)
for all who are preparing, listing and selling houses (with a special nudge
to St. Joseph), and especially for: Molly Wolf, Bill+ and Judy Fleener,  Jay
Weigel, Chad Wohler
for our brother Jim as he  cares for his wife Marcy

+Friends and Family. We pray...
for Wilson grandson of our sister Lynn, who was placed in  NICU shortly
after his birth for breathing and eating problems(not a preemie),  (8/8)
for the daughter of our sister Grace+ who has become ill while away from
home (7/29)
for Jean, daughter-in-law of our sister Georgia, and her husband Joe and
their two children as Jean begins a long process of recovery from breast
cancer following radiation and radical surgery (7/25),
for Marilyn Brown, related to a parishioner of our sister Suzie+ who was
hospitalized after a scuba accident in Australia (7/23)
for Gabrielle , friend of our sister Ann+, who has been living with
seriously advanced cancer for well over a year
now, and still fighting the good fight. (7/23)
for Margaret, former parishioner and friend of Susan H+, who is battling
heart disease, and for her family (7/22)
for Larry, who has severe degenerative disc disease in his C-spine and is in
constant pain, and was just diagnosed with bladder cancer, and for his wife
Polly (Jay, 7/22)
for Kristin's mother, who has had a stroke and a brain bleed (Lynn, 7/21)
for Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu, just released from the hospital after
being admitted for treatment for a persistent infection (7/21)
for Christie, who had surgery for a perforated/ruptured duodenal ulcer and
is hospitalized and away from her 3 year old and 3 month old babies (7/21)
for John, who had quadruple bypass surgery on 7/15 and is recovering more
slowly than normal, and for his wife Brooke who is caring for him (Jay,
7/19)
for Chattanooga police officer Douglas Pedigo, wounded in the shootings on
7/1/6. who is facing a long recovery period
 for Nancy , mother of our brother Scott, as she deals with the death of her
dog Buddy (7/6)
for Rosemary Doucett and her husband after Rosemary had a serious accident
this week involving an ATV  and is in hospital with 10 broken ribs, a
fractured pelvis, and more. Please lift up Rosemary in prayer and also Don
her husband and their two school-leaving age granddaughters, who have lived
with them since before their mother died a few years ago after a long battle
with cancer. (Marion 7/4)
for the church family of Emanuel AME Church in Charleston, South Carolina as
they mourn the seven members of their community who were murdered (6/17)

+With continuing prayers, we pray...
for Phyllis Tickle, Anglican writer, diagnosed with Stage IV lung cancer
(Molly Wolf, 5/22)
for David, who fell and hit his head, had a brain bleed, and has been in the
hospital since last September having various kinds of therapy (Lynn
Ronkainen, 5/4)
for Carey Caldwell, little brother of our sister Georgia+, recovering from
open heart surgery  (4/28)
for Lawrence,  brother of our sister Jay, recovering from bilateral knee
replacements on May 11 and dealing with insurance 'paperwork' and who needs
to find a job when he has finished rehab (4/26)
for Annie, daughter of our brudder Jon, who is back in town and visiting her
dad weekly, that a space for  holy conversation may be found between father
and daughter (Jon, 4/21)
for Noel,  the father in law of Sally Davies,  in hospital in Wales, who had
to have a pacemaker put in, and now that's done -without going home - he's
having a much needed hip replacement. At 88 it's a lot to deal with(4/21)
for David, brother of our brother Scott K, recovering from intestinal
surgery and facing more in the near future
for Bill Fleener+  (aka "The Fleener dude"), husband of our sister Judy,
continuing radiation therapy for his prostate cancer
for Jean, daughter-in-law of our sister Georgia+, who has been diagnosed
with breast cancer, and for her family
for Karen, friend of our sister Susan Hagen, who has been diagnosed with
breast cancer and who also has severe ulcerative colitis and difficult to
control diabetes  (Susan Hagen)
for Allen, as he continues his recovery from a terrible fall at work and is
now continuing therapy at home (Jay Weigel)
for Richard+, Rural Dean in the UK and friend of our brother Roger who has
recovered from bowel cancer, for his continued health (Roger Stokes)
for Tim and Nan, two friends of my wife from her AA group, who are battling
cancer. (C  Hart )
for JWB, severely disabled friend of our brother Bob + Rea who is in need of
a support system after the death of family members
for  Robert and Eileen Smith aunt/uncle to our brother Scott, who are
experiencing health problems
for our brudder Deacon Jon, who has entered hospice care and still
ministering to many ("And remember, I am nowhere near death" 12/4) and his
wife Dawn.
for 17 year old Ryan, a good friend of my nephew Chris who is a young man
with a serious drinking problem (Sally Davies)
for Debi Rothenberg friend of our sister Lynn, who has been diagnosed with
breast cancer
for Marcy Handsfield, wife of our brother Jim who is courageously living
with ALS and has entered hospice care
for brudder Jon, who is courageously living with SARC and COPD
for brother Jim Guthrie, being treated for cancer
for Joy Munday, friend of our sister Lynn, being treated for 3rd
reoccurrence of breast cancer (after two long remissions)
for Scott the Younger, partner of our brother Scott
for Verni Tully, mother of our sister Lynn, who is living with the
challenging results of a stroke in 2011

+ For our animal friends. We pray...
in thankfulness for the life of Warren, beloved cat of our brother Bob+ now
waiting at the rainbow bridge
for our sister Marion's cat Archie, who is feeling poorly as he is about to
make the big 'move' to the new house (7/29)
for Gracie, an elderly Weimaraner, family member of Kim and Jeff, and Miss
Ruth, a dachshund aged 11 years, who lived with Sarai and Udo (Jay 7/28)
for Buddy,  beloved dog of Nancy our brother Scott's mom, who went over the
rainbow bridge (7/6)

+ A prayer : O God, the passage from life to death to life is so hard on
those we love.  Comfort all who have lost those they love and those who are
losing the ones they love with the grace of understanding and acceptance,
which is so difficult for us. (JH, with permission)

+For the Departed. We pray...
For Theodore Bikel, actor, singer, activist (7/21)
for those killed in the shootings in Chattanooga: Gunnery Sgt. Thomas
Sullivan, Staff Sgt. David Wyatt, Sgt. Carson Holmquist, and Lance Cpl.
Squire "Skip" Wells, USMC, and Petty Officer Randall Smith, USN (7/16)
for Omar Sharif (7/11)
for Thomas, friend of our sister Marilyn (6/27)
RIP  members of Charleston, SC  AME Church - Rest in Peace Clementa
Pinckney, Cynthia Hurd, Sharonda Coleman-Singleton Ethel Lance, Susie
Jackson, Myra Thompson and Daniel Simmons Sr. (6/17)
for Patrick McKnee (American actor 6/27)

+ Concluding Collect +
O God, be with us as we come together on this list; grant us wisdom as we
write; compassion as we read; and above all, discernment in our actions, so
that what we may write, or think, or do may come from your Holy Spirit,
reflect in all ways your will and in all things be to your glory, through
Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. (Composed by Sharon Brown, 9 Feb. 2000)

Most prayer requests are posted for up to 2 months before being removed or
relocated, please advise if you would like them to remain longer. Also
advise of any corrections or omissions.
Lynn