[Magdalen] R.I.P. Julian Bond

Allan Carr allanc25 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 00:28:23 UTC 2015

I'm always shocked by people's young deaths. At 84, I'm nine years older
than Julian Bond was when he died. I started getting depressed with my back
and Camille's Alzheimer's a month or two ago, but it pretty much lifted
after we joined a gym and I also re-began physical therapy. Camille is in a
one hour seated exercise class and I'm attempting to bike in a recumbent
bike for a half hour and to get to a medium level incline. When I started a
few weeks ago, I could only bike for about ten minutes at the lowest
incline level and everybody said I shouldn't exert myself. I'm done with
that kind of advice. I've quit too many times when I had some pain and I'm
not letting it stop me..

I've managed to get to level 2 on both the Matrix bikes at Gold's gym and
on the True bikes at physical therapy. Level 2 is much harder on the True
bikes than level 2 is on the Matrix bikes. I'm pretty much free of pain as
well, although I do feel the burn.

Onwards and upwards. I still can't walk without a walker but I know I'm
getting stronger. I hope that this strengthening will extend to my back as
well as my legs.

I'm also in a better mood.

--
Allan Carr