[Magdalen] Down-hearted

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 00:47:10 UTC 2015

Nothing to lose, then tell the bishop she's not pastoring the flock whose
need is this style -- and don't hold back. If you lose, why not lose large?

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 8:39 PM, Marion Thompson <marionwhitevale at gmail.com>
wrote:

> If the priest has any fans it is with the small  remnant from the church's
> earliest days in the 50's &n 60's, no more than 5, but we all know that it
> only takes one.  The church went anglo-catholic more than 50 years ago.
> There is no question that he is firm in his purpose and it would seem happy
> imposing his own values.  The Area bishop herself is low church and always
> comments that we're the odd ones out.  She would be happy to see our style
> go away, incense, bells, the lot.  To whom could people appeal if they were
> to get up their courage to say something?  The fix is in.
>
> Marion, a pilgrim
> On 8/17/2015 7:19 PM, James Oppenheimer-Crawford wrote:
>
>> I wonder if the priest has any positive vibrations at all from the
>> congregation.  It has to be a nasty job if he is just dismantling
>> everything the parish values. Has the bishop any idea of what the values
>> of
>> the parish are?  Does he wish that this form of parish would just go away
>> and stop bothering him?
>>
>> Sad excuses for people under orders.
>>
>> James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford
>> *“A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved,
>> except in memory. LLAP**”  -- *Leonard Nimoy
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 7:14 PM, Roger Stokes <
>> roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
>>
>>> wrote:
>>> On 17/08/2015 22:20, ME Michaud wrote:
>>>
>>> I am remembering a friend who was sent as interim to a

>>> worked
>>> with the people and the tradition I found there to try to work out a
>>> viable
>>> future.  Yes, there were difficulties and conflict but they found a