[Magdalen] High school robocall.

M J [Mike] Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Fri Aug 21 15:58:10 UTC 2015

I get them all the time.  To tell me Everett's been absent from one or more periods, all the time me knowing it's because his teacher has perpetual problems getting the online attendance system to work in his favor.  (It always gets fixed.)  But last night I get one that literally says (maybe not in so many words) that Everett has been a joy to behold in period 1 French.  Before hanging up I handed the phone to him, and his face contorted into a variety of shapes.  When done, I said, "So, what the hell did you do?!"  He said "Nothing!"  I said "Good.  Keep it that way."  And we both snickered as I walked away.

Seems the new computerised system has a variety of apps for such-minded teachers, and his second-year French teacher is one of those such.  Pray that it bodes well!