[Magdalen] Green Acres.

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sat Aug 22 14:06:22 UTC 2015

"New York is where I’d rather stay
"I get allergic to the smell of hay."

I suppose

"You are my  wife."
"Good Bye City Lights."

Would seem a bit outré to most people these days . . .

Cheers,
Jim

Finally introduced Everett to it tonight via DVD.  Damn funny show.  Completes
his initiation into the CBS comedic "rural purge" of 1971.  My childhood memory
of Mr Haney was of a positive nature.  Now I see him as adult, I just wanna kick
him in the shins.  Great line in episode two when crossover Petticoat Bobbie Jo
walks into the Shady Rest kitchen and asks Kate Bradley what the distant
screaming was all about.  "Oh that would be Mrs Douglass.  She would have just
woke up and realised it wasn't all a dream!"