[Magdalen] Piazza Martin Lutero.

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 16:57:38 UTC 2015

Like English, Italian has lots of accents & dialects.

Here most of our Italian speakers have Sicilian accents (several
of my older neighbors immigrated from Sicily). The second largest
group is from Naples, and I hear that the Neopolitan accent is
troublesome even for Italians. My friends who study Italian always
look for teachers from Florence, who are thin on the ground here
but much prized for the elegance of the accent.

Ob Ang: Christ Church (AKA Old North, as in "one if by land and
two if by sea and I on the opposite shore will be") has given up
their weekly Italian language service, I think (but I remember it).
-M