[Magdalen] Prayer Requests, Multiple

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 15:22:13 UTC 2015

It is a sad day. I've lost a hero and so has my goddaughter, and there's
been a totally avoidable tragedy in Virginia. I bid your prayers for all of
them.

Firstly, two Virginia TV journalists, a reporter and a cameraman, were shot
on-air this morning. TV Reporter, Cameraman Killed On-Air by Gunman
<http://abcnews.go.com/US/tv-reporter-cameraman-killed-gunman-opens-fire-virginia/story?id=33327920>
bid your prayers for Alison Parker and Adam Ward and their families. The
gunman is still at large, but police know who he is and are in pursuit. I
hope he is caught alive. Another day in gun-happy America....

Second, Dr. James "Red" Duke, trauma surgeon, has died at the age of 86. He
was a surgeon at Houston's Parkland Hospital and was on duty the day
President Kennedy was assassinated. He also helped save the life of Gov.
Connally. One of his signature accomplishments was in putting Life Flight
helicopters into the air. May he rest in peace and rise in glory.

And last but not least, my goddaughter Alana's friend and hero, Jonathan
Fluker, has died at the young age of 17. You can read about him here:
http://www.knoxnews.com/sports/prepextra/pxfluker26_44338915
He was a sweet, gentle, and brave young man, loved by all who knew him. May
he run in fields of glory.