[Magdalen] Shingles update

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 23:55:46 UTC 2015

Would Benadryl help with the itching, Jay?

On August 29, 2015, at 7:44 PM, Jay Weigel <jay.weigel at gmail.com> wrote:

Well, the scaliness and any bumps and blisters have abated, so I look like
I never had shingles at all. My eye *feels* okay, except that it waters now
and then, which has more to do with the fact that I blink a lot because my
eyelid itches. The itching, now, THAT is the problem. Seems I now have
post-herpetic neuralgia, or something. I don't know, that's the best I can
come up with because I can't get in to see my doctor; I've called and
"Sorry, we don't have anything until sometime late next week. If it's
urgent you need to go to the ER." (Forgive the language, but scr** that.)
When the area isn't itching, there's kind of a creepy-crawly feeling, or
the rest of the time the feeling you get when your foot's been asleep and
it's "waking up". And the headache, which isn't too bad most of the time,
just kind of *there*. Where it's been now for 3 weeks. I'm really,
seriously over it all. Boy, am I over it.

Sorry for the whine.