[Magdalen] Please pray for Ascension, Chicago

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Mon Aug 31 14:42:53 UTC 2015

Scott:

I will surely add Ascension to my prayers, and am sorry for the turmoil
this causes, especially for you.  I'll admit, I'm ambivalent about them
publishing this "special notice."  On the one hand, I think the
transparency is good; on the other, it seems like dragging the entire
parish through what seems like an internal "political" battle.  I'm not
sure how this was publicized -- to everyone, by email, only to church
leadership, in the Sunday leaflet...but if I were a visitor or a
Sunday-only type worshiper, I'm not sure I'd want to be dragged through all
the internal strife.  I'm sure the vestry hashed out the pros and cons
before publishing it, but am interested (for my own reasons, of course) in
what others think.

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY