[Magdalen] Please pray for Ascension, Chicago

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Aug 31 15:26:18 UTC 2015

In a message dated 8/31/2015 10:09:44 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

Yesterday I served as subdeacon and helped the priests greet  after
Mass, and one guy (who's not necessarily a member of either "camp"  but
complains about everything) said he doesn't like Jeffrey  Smith's
hymn-playing. I listened for a while and then suggested he chat  with
Jeffrey directly about it. Imagine that: talking directly  with
someone!>>>>>

Such complainers never want to talk directly to the person  responsible
for their concerns.  By the time the responsible person hears of  such
complaints, it will be in the form of "they" are saying such and  such.

There was a period at Christ Church Cathedral, Eau Claire (WI, USA)
when there was ongoing commentary about the music program and
the Liturgy in general.  The reports were fed to the vestry as "they  are
saying/complaining about such and such."  In the end, the vestry  made
it clear that comments/complaints were welcome, but must be delivered
to the vestry in person, or by mail with an identifiable signature.   It's
amazing how quickly the comments/complaints dried up.

David Strang.