[Magdalen] PRS Advent 1

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 1 00:02:53 UTC 2015

On 30/11/2015 20:28, Lynn Ronkainen wrote:
> (It seems 'light' for a 3 week lag, please forgive and contact me if
> I've missed anything... I try to file requests when I read them, not
> always successful. L. )
     <snip>
> +For the Church, we pray...
> for  ++Justin and all the Primates of our Anglican Communion that all
> will set their hope in Christ and work together to remain one;
> for TEC's Presiding Bishop, Michael, and for all bishops of TEC, that
> they may serve Christ, their flock and the church (please provide
> names for the PRSummary, if desired)
> for the Diocese of Pennsylvania, as they begin their search for a new
> bishop
> for  The for The Right Reverend Libby Lane, Bishop of Stockport, UK
> and first woman to become a Bishop in the CofE

There are a number of women among the C/E bishops now, including two who
are diocesan bishops.  For a few years female diocesan bishops are being
fast-tracled intyo the House of Lords. There are 26 Lords Spiritual.
Five places are linked to specific Sees (Canterbury, York, London,
Durham and Winchester) and the other 21 go to the bishops who have been
diocesan the longest.  However for the next ten years any woman who
becomes a diocesan bishop is moved to the head  of the queue and this
has already happened to +Rachel Treweek of Gloucester who has been
introduced into the House of Lords. +Christine Hardman of Newcastle will
be the next one.when one of the sitting bishops retires.

Roger