[Magdalen] PRS Advent 1

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 01:42:37 UTC 2015

Funny story along those lines:
Some years ago a woman in a church where I was serving as organist came up
after the service and introduced herself as "Sir Frances Johnson, Mayor of
Madison."  I thought that rather odd, but I was new to Virginia, and I
thought maybe all mayors were given the title "Sir."  A few months later I
was seated across from her at a Lenten luncheon, and I got up the nerve to
ask about it.  I said something like, "I've been wondering about your
title. Are all mayors in Virginia referred to as "'Sir'?"  She looked
startled for a minute and then burst out laughing.  "Oh," she said, "That's
my flat-talking way again--I need to be more careful!  It's *Sa*-rah, *Sa-*rah
Frances!"

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 7:38 PM, Roger Stokes <roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com

--
Grace Cangialosi
Ruckersville, VA

*We must cry out against injustice or by our silence consent to it.
Dorothy Day*