[Magdalen] Janice update 11/30/2015

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 15:19:04 UTC 2015

Thoughts, prayers and hugs for you and Janice today and continuing forward.
with love,
Lynn

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 1, 2015, at 2:09 AM, <thedonboyd at austin.rr.com> <thedonboyd at austin.rr.com> wrote:

Janice was transferred to a Long Term Acute Care hospital today.  She went from the general hospital ICU to the LTAC's ICU, but I reckon will move thence to a regular bed within a few days.

I believe that I should feel elation but I am in fact weeping as I type
this--she has come so far, but has yet so far to go!  And I don't know the
people who will be taking care of her at the new place.

This is not the LTAC we had earlier thought she would go to, which requires
daily participation in 3 hours of rehabilitation therapies, and Janice just
isn't ready for that physically.  The facility she moved to today is more
medically oriented and will introduce rehab therapy more gradually (she has
already had a few PT sessions where she's been, getting her to sit up on the
side of the bed [4 minutes max so far]).

Janice is breathing entirely on her own (this is I believe what drove the
decision to move her), and she's certainly getting stronger by the day.  She
still can't speak or swallow, and it's been a month since her feet touched the
floor.  She still has a tube to introduce oxygen into her trachea should she
need it (she hasn't needed it in the last 48 -72 hours), and a gastrostomy tube
for nourishment.

Will report further progress as I observe it.   Thanks to all for thoughts and
prayers.       Don