[Magdalen] Bro Donald.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Tue Dec 1 18:17:19 UTC 2015

>>>I wonder if the states with a caucus method of selection will put the
candidates in a different order from the ones where it is a primary
election.  The important question is whether or not X is a credible
candidate for the general election.  Unless they are then they will
spend a shedload of money to no real effect.  Any democracy needs
credible alternatives and I am not convinced that the present Republican
field will offer that in 11 months' time.<<<

GOP primary voters tend not to be the same as the general voters months later.  Which is why Santorum hung in there so long in 2012.

And as the heart of the GOP has been on life support since 2010, you are right that they are CURRENTLY unable to offer a viable candidate a year from now.  And unfortunately, the electric paddles of simple electoral reality will most likely not be enough to revive the real GOP to a point it can quash the right-scary fringe that, these days, runs the primary show.