[Magdalen] PRS Advent 1

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 20:21:16 UTC 2015

Here in Houston, perchance the whole south, Altar Guild Directress is still de reguir ...
just sayin'
Lynn

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 1, 2015, at 8:48 AM, Scott Knitter <scottknitter at gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 10:54 PM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen
<magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:
> Then we get into such as "mediatrix" and "aviatrix."  I can see  some
> might be bothered by these rather fussy terms.

The Monastic Diurnal Revised refers to a "cantrix."

And it used to be that parish bulletins often mentioned an "altar
guild directress."

"Actress" is a fine term, but my theory is that we no longer hear
"actor," "waiter," etc., as specifically male terms anymore. So one
term works for both more than it used to.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA