[Magdalen] Cranberry Time.

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Tue Dec 1 20:43:50 UTC 2015

On 12/1/15 6:06 AM, Ann Markle wrote:
> I've got the "cilantro gene," and can't stand it.  Studies have shown that
> some people have a gene that actually makes cilantro taste like soap --
> which it does, to me.  Ptooey.

Tastes like bugs or rot (staleness) to me. I've found there are some
brands of bottled salsa or other Mex stuff that I just can't handle,
nasty taste.  And I don't mean "hot" (as someone who grows her own
habaneros as well as milder peppers), I mean "rotten".  I would guess
that those are brands whose  recipes seriously overdo the cilantro.
I'm not sure what kind of taste you mean by "soap"-- perfume?  I hate
getting any cologne or perfume in my mouth, including ones whose smell I
appreciate.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net