[Magdalen] Education.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Dec 2 19:55:26 UTC 2015

In a message dated 12/2/2015 2:43:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

On  Wednesday, December 2, 2015, Scott Knitter  <scottknitter at gmail.com>
wrote:

> For some reason, the  Gloria Patri has dropped out of our Introit, but
> that happened before  Jeffrey arrived. I've never heard why. I'm still
> always ready to bow  for the Gloria Patri and it doesn't happen. I'm
> assuming it's either  to reduce standing around once the altar and
> celebrant have been  censed, or because it's not given in place in the
> current Graduale  Romanum (although I believe it is meant to be
> there...it's not given  because it's sung to the psalm tone, and it's
> given in the back of the  book).

The Gloria Patri is always sung at the Introit by the Tridentines  except
during Lent (as I recall).  It is sung at the end of Psalms during  the
Offices.

David Strang.