[Magdalen] Another active shooter situation.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 20:15:30 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 2:01 PM, Jay Weigel <jay.weigel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Lord, have mercy. When will it end?

Lately I've been thinking it won't end in the USA unless there's some
unimaginably horrific nationwide shooting event: a coordinated
multicity attack resulting in hundreds or thousands of deaths, a sense
of utter chaos, qualification as a national emergency, and undeniable
need to make major changes swiftly to prevent more such events. Heaven
forbid it should come to that, heaven forbid anything like that should
ever happen anywhere, and that's obviously not a desirable path to a
solution, but I fear that's the only thing that would break our unique
national insanity about guns. So basically, never.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA