[Magdalen] Applebee Project

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 05:59:05 UTC 2015

Well, I am not sure it really has.  Very seldom do you see a massive firing
of automatic weapons.  Each round is roughly half a buck (ten bucks per
twenty-round magazine), so you can imagine most folks cannot afford to
"light up" the firing range at night.

People do go to rifle ranges all over the world, and in some countries they
pay a pretty penny for the opportunity.

I don't know why some folks in the USA are so insane about firearms.

While sex is a big motivator for everyone, power is perhaps even bigger.
Having control over something that says POWER has always had an
attraction.  In WW II, bomber bombardiers reported that watching the bombs
go down was sometimes better than sex. I'm definitely not happy about it --
just pointing it out.  Firearms are like that too.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford