[Magdalen] My County responds.

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sat Dec 5 00:10:40 UTC 2015

On 04/12/2015 22:41, thedonboyd at austin.rr.com wrote:
> On the other hand, there are hundreds of "accidental" gun deaths some of which might have been prevented by such simple already-available expedients as requiring that all firearms be kept in locked safes that require two people to open them.  I recognize that such laws would be hard to enforce, but if they saved any lives at all the effect would not IMO be trivial.

There is a major problem that needs addressing.  If a gun is to be used
to defend one's property and family then it needs to be loaded and
readily accessible.  Where there are children around who are used to the
gun veing around natural curiosity will lead to them wanting to pick it
up and try it.  That can, and does, lead to fatal consequences.  What
are the statistics of a child picking up and firing a gun compared with
a gun being used to successfully defend family and property?

Roger