[Magdalen] Education.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 20:40:42 UTC 2015

On Sat, Dec 5, 2015 at 2:15 PM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen
<magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:
> The multiple envelopes are a poorly disguised attempt at extracting
> more money, but it fails.  I don't know why they just don't give  their
> weekly gift and let the parish authorities decide how to split it up.

We have these as an option in our parish, but I think more people are
turning to their banks' bill-pay systems. I do this, so a payment is
issued automagically by my bank on the same day each month. So I don't
forget.

The box of envelopes, though, has just one envelope for any particular
day/service, plus some occasional ones for the building fund or
something. And of course the initial envelope to "defray" the cost of
the envelopes. Church is the only place I ever encounter the word
"defray."

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA