[Magdalen] Exorcism

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Tue Dec 8 19:12:06 UTC 2015

Yes, I do believe in The Devil and in his lesser devils, and that they
can possess people.  The main reason that I give for that is that Our
Lord obviously believed, and much more consistently in the Gospels than
could be accounted for by medieval and ancient insertions.

Have you ever read any of M. Scott Peck's books?  I read several of them
more than twenty years ago, when I was getting involved in The Episcopal
Church, and immersed myself in everything I could find about it.  At
least one, I think more than one, had a very chilling section on
Exorcism.  He is a Psychiatrist, an MD, and well-trained in the basic
discipline and viewpoint, but his viewpoint is much wider than that, and
spiritual.  You can find his books listed on Amazon.com.  Unfortunately,
I can't remember which had the most coverage of Exorcism.  It would have
been of those published before about 1995.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net