[Magdalen] Exorcism

Arthur Laurent ALaurent at npr.org
Wed Dec 9 01:53:29 UTC 2015

I believe in the devil and other creatures of pure evil, because I've been in the presence of evil, and was glad when I could walk away. This is not an intellectual belief (none of my spiritual beliefs are intellectual), but is based on personal experience.

James wrote, "...Thinking one can behave their way into heaven is an insult to the whole idea of salvation," and I agree. There is nothing we can do by ourselves that will get us into heaven. That's why we have Jesus as our Advocate.

Of course, some of us are going to take a lot more advocacy than others.

Arthur