[Magdalen] right to bear arms

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 23:26:24 UTC 2015

Or, as in Switzerland, just make it a given that every male (and female, if
you want to make it an equal rights thing) between a certain age is a
member of the militia and must report for military training at a certain
point in his/her life, at which time they are issued a weapon). Thereafter
they take said weapon home and are obliged to keep it in good condition,
subject to surprise inspections which hardly ever happen. They are subject
to call up until the age of 51, IIRC. They get to keep the weapon.

I am also in favor of licensing and mandatory liability insurance for
firearms just as for automobiles.